Monday, May 18, 2009

Hot, hot, hotter than....



Well it was pretty hot yesterday, 106, supposed to be the same today. What I wouldn't give for a day in the snow. I took this picture of the General Sherman tree in the Sequoia National Park not long ago. The snow was deep and cold, we had a nice time up there. I slipped and almost fell, but I caught myself, with my right arm, which was still recovering from rotator cuff surgery.....ouch!. I felt it tweak a bit and it hurt for a little while, but it was all good at the end of the day. We try to go up to see the giant trees every winter and have a picnic in the snow, well more like sitting in the truck eating ......lol. We do hit the hiking trails, but with all the snow it's hard to tell where you are going or if you are even still on the trail, so we try not to stray too far from where we first came in from. There is still snow up in the mountains, but you have to go pretty high up to get to it, I guess I'll have to settle for ice cold water and the air conditioner.

No comments: